Providing support for people undertaking projects that will make a positive difference to the natural living environment, in land, sea or air, rural or urban. We support grassroots organisations and individuals, and academics who are working with on-ground community groups.
Your project, in the first instance, is assessed by the Executive Director. If accepted, projects are assessed and scored in a systematic way against a set criteria by an experienced and knowledgeable board of Trustees.
We are looking for projects around:
- flora and fauna conservation (Australia-wide)
- threatened mammal conservation (Australia-wide)
These projects should involve any of the following:
- monitoring, recording and sharing data
- delivering community education
- providing community capacity building (e.g. training)
- research and science
-Projects must be directly making positive changes to biodiversity conservation in Australia.
-Projects should have some short term outputs, but also have long term objectives and values.
-Projects should show the following: enthusiasm, collaboration, passion, innovation.
-We are keen to hear about your results, so you must be prepared to submit a final report when your project is completed.
-We can’t fund individual property owners. According to our constitution we cannot fund wildlife rescue or rehabilitation organisations and their activities.
We want the application process to be really simple:
- Read the Can you Apply page
- If you’re still unsure whether to apply, email with a quick paragraph on your project
- SEGS application questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you applying for a project on nest boxes? – read this paper. Go here for further reading on nest boxes.
- Are you applying for a project on Malleefowl – read here.
- Dates for applying
- Apply here
The Small Environmental Grants Scheme is proudly supported by private donors, the Biophilia Foundation, Diana and Brian Snape AM, The Williams Fund, Purryburry Trust, the Vera Moore Foundation, and the Victorian Malleefowl Recovery Group