Providing support to people playing a key role in conservation projects. Grants are awarded to individuals for professional development in their field, particularly those involved in grassroots landscape restoration.
“With support from Wettenhall Environment Trust’s Leadership Development Grant, I was able to build my skills in GIS mapping, Box-Ironbark ecology knowledge, and leadership and facilitation, to help my career in landscape restoration.”
Anthony Gallacher, Facilitator,
Loddon Plains Landcare Network, GOANNA Project.
Here are the Leadership Development Grant Guidelines:
- no hard copies, email application and reference letters together in one PDF
- only two Leadership Development Grants are available each year, please check in with the Executive Director before applying
- please use the SEGS dates for submitting your application
- please email before you put together your application
Grants of $5,000 each have been awarded to:
1. Anthony Gallacher, Facilitator, Loddon Plains Landcare Network and the GOANNA Project (2013)
2. Naomi Edwards, Griffith Centre for Coastal Management and the Younger Australian Coastal Society (2014)
3. Judith Symonds, Maranoa Regional Landcare Association (2015)
4. Samantha Grover, LaTrobe University, Alpine wetland conservation and restoration (2016)
5. Maddie Braddon, Northern Rivers Intrepid Landcare and Positive Change for Marine Life (2017)
6. Mirinda Thorpe, Desert Discovery Incorporated, habitat restoration and fauna surveying techniques (2018)
7. Graham Fifield, Greening Australia, South East Local Leaders Program for technical and ecological leadership (2018)
8. Erin Weir, East Gippsland Landcare Network, Lungs of the Lakes, Diploma in Leadership and Management (2020)
9. Melissa Sheedy, Hobsons Bay Wetland Centre, Social Media Coordinator professional development (2020)
10. Karin Traeger, Yarra Riverkeeper Association, leadership and communication courses (2020)
11. Kirsten Hengen, WELA program (2021)
We are sorry but applications are closed for 2023.