Providing support for people undertaking projects that will make a positive difference to the natural living environment, in land, sea or air, rural or urban. We support grassroots organisations and individuals, and academics who are working with on-ground community groups.read more
Providing support to people playing a key role in conservation projects. Grants are awarded to individuals for professional development in their field, particularly those involved in grassroots landscape restoration.read more
landscape restoration - bottom up, grassroots, community We have eight projects under our landscape restoration portfolio. All are being driven by the community groups whose members are living and working in their landscape. We are wedded to each of these projects and liaise closely with them to reach targets, to share knowledge, and to provide support. This program is not open to application.read more
Here are some projects that Wettenhall Environment Trust has funded and consider exemplary. They are all projects under our Small Environmental Grant Scheme and the Leadership Development Grants program. Their final reports have shown: an alignment to our purpose; the project was well planned and executed; the project has made a difference to the natural living environment; the project has lead to long term outcomes that would otherwise not have occurred; the project was cost effective with our money well spent.read more
- Wettenhall Environment Trust (formerly The Norman Wettenhall Foundation) is a grant making organisation. The grants support projects that enhance and maintain the vitality and diversity of the Australian natural living environment.
- Our main focus is citizen science, long term flora and fauna conservation, and threatened mammal conservation.
- We like to fund small groups where our grants can make a big difference.
- We accept applications under both the Small Environmental Grants Scheme and the Leadership Development Grants program.
- Make sure you read the guidelines before you apply, so you know what we like to fund.